0

First speed breaker- Shin splints

Murphy's law: If something can go wrong, it will.

This seems to be working with all the force in my case.

I was determined to work out and eat healthy. So I chose to do some cardio.

Walking at the pace of 6 km/hr, felt good for 10 mins. And then.... my lower legs started hurting! Ouch!
I pushed my self to walk more but the pain kept getting worse, I had to stop. :-(

So little cardio. Still better than no workout. I am still on my diet. I have consumed salad, boiled legumes, brown rice, bran biscuits and low fat milk.

This experience taught me a few things:
1. Some days will be bad no matter how hard you try. Accept the fact, move on and do whatever you still can.. e.g. still eating responsibility

2. Start slow. Slower than your body can tolerate and then slowly build up.

While I am at it, let me talk a little about lower leg pains after a run or walk, on a treadmill or road. They are called shin splints, as they are felt along the shin ( anterior border of the lower leg). They are quite painful and one might need to take a break from workouts due to it.

So, in my next post I would talk about shin splints in detail with a little blabber about my progress.

Love,
Determined Diva

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top